[wireless-regdb] wireless-regdb: Update regulatory rules for South Africa (ZA) on 5GHz

Karl Möller karl at excors.net
Sun Sep 27 12:10:30 PDT 2015

Hi

I hope I am doing this the right way (following the Plain English approach and not a git patch…).
I don’t think the current frequency bands and power limits for ZA are correct.

My sources are the following documents published this year:

http://www.ellipsis.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Guide-to-commonly-used-licence-exempt-frequency-bands-April-2015.pdf

Specifically page 74 of http://www.ellipsis.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Radio-Frequency-Spectrum-Regulations-2015.pdf

The bands don’t quite match up and DFS/TPC is (apparently) not required for 5470 - 5725. More importantly, the max transmitted power
seems to be 1W/30dBm e.i.r.p and not 27dBm.  I would submit a complete patch, but I am not sure if the 5725 - 5875 band should be part of it…

Regards
Karl