[wireless-regdb] EU rules: 2.4 GHz bands

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Sun Jul 1 06:48:24 EDT 2012

Xose Vazquez Perez <xose.vazquez at gmail.com> writes:

> * Implementation by country:
>
> - Limited implementation (see ERC/REC 70-03 http://www.erodocdb.dk/docs/doc98/official/pdf/rec7003e.pdf
>   National Restrictions Page 41 "Annex 3 Band A Wideband Data Transmission systems 2400.0-2483.5 MHz"
>   Table Page 25 "Annex 3 - Wideband Data Transmission Systems"
>   Table Page 28 "Annex 3 - Wideband Data Transmission Systems"):
>
>   France (Full implementation planned 2012)
>   Russian Federation: Limited implementation
>   Ukraine: Limited implementation
>   NO in Ny-Ålesund(Norway)
>   Azerbaijan-AZE: no info
>   Belarus-BLR: no info
>

> All EU countries, except those listed above,

I fail to see what this has to do with EU.  A question for you: How many
of the above listed countries are in fact EU members?

> and for 2.4 GHz
> bands, should be clones of the current DE configuration:
>
> (2400 - 2483.5 @ 40), (N/A, 100 mW)

Yes, sure.  I've never really understood where the assymetric guard
bands came from.  So by all means, fix the 2.4GHz band limits for all
CEPT countries.  But you might as well do a global update based on the
ITU Radio Regulations.

As a side noe, I believe the above quoted Ny-Ålesund restriction
illustrates how futile any of these detailed automatic licensing
restrictions are.  At least until they are coupled with geolocation
instead of administrative domain. For those not knowing the details: The
exception cover an area with a radius of only 20km where laptops are
likely to come from a dozen different regulatory domains.  And that's
not because there are many persons in this area.  The population is
peeking at about 180 people in the summer...  Ref
http://www.kingsbay.no/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=70&Itemid=29

Bjørn