OAMs

Stanislaw Gruszka stf_xl at wp.pl
Sat Mar 8 06:24:45 EST 2008

On Friday 07 March 2008, Giampaolo Tomassoni wrote:
> Dears,
>
> during the last days I experienced a lot of ADSL resynchs due to OAM
> LoopBack Request not being replied by the usbatm driver of my SpeedTouch.
>
> Thereby, I attempted to develop a patch to the usbatm code purposed to
> implement a minimal OAM LB Reply functionality. I of course attach a copy of
> this patch as a unified diff against the stock 2.6.24 kernel.

Is usbatm proper place for OAM processing? There are some messages on
this topic on mailing list archives, but without any conclusion.  Maybe worth
to ask again on linux-ATM-general ML how to design OAM support for usbatm.
Another basic quesion is if such support is really needed.

Cheers
Stanislaw Gruszka