[Linux-ATM-General] Activate OAM support

Aurelio Arroyo listas_sk3 at yahoo.es
Mon May 8 11:49:30 EDT 2006

> Yesterday I have install a new server bind to a new
> Telecom (italy) ADSL
> (2048Kb down/640Kb Op), the adsl line up but when I
> generate TCP traffic
> (ping) I got the "OAM not supported" into
> /var/log/messages and the
> traffic not work.
>
> Is the OAM support not present the my problem?
> The OAM support must enabled in kernel space?
> How to I can activate the OAM Support?

I think this error are from usbatm module:
http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-2.6.16.y.git;a=blob;h=c1211fc037d997b8a30cee323ded090d72d9da63;hb=bf7d8bacaaf241a0f0157986fd4e1e6834873d50;f=drivers/usb/atm/usbatm.c#l325

This is a old patch to usbatm:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=11685926

A version of usbatm.c with OAM (But not full sync with
  last kernel version, - mutex, kzalloc, etc -):
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/zyxel630-11/amedyn2/module/usbatm.c?rev=1.13&view=log

Please, confirm that the change work for you. I don't
remember why usbatm don't have this patch.