iso support status.

matthieu castet castet.matthieu at free.fr
Sat May 28 04:59:05 EDT 2005

Hi,

We plan to release a first version of ueagle-atm, and depreciate
eagle-usb for 2.6 kernel.

But we'll like to have a working usbatm upstream.

Are you ok to implement modem quirk (mask EILSEQ status for eagle) ?
How to we should control it : module option, option control per subdriver ?
I like more the second, has we could have on the same machine
sub-drivers that need quirk and others that don't need it.

Could you find a way to select iso pipe method and have a good default
for buffer size ?

There is Roman method which consist in initialised driver internal
before .bind call, then the modem could overwrite it if it want, and
then usbatm use it.

I prefer to have and other option in usbatm_driver, as it will allow
static and dynamic allocation (why a modem could not support only iso
pipe for example ?).
Also it avoid that the sub-driver access private data and it much
cleaner (don't depend of the order of init in usbatm).

thanks

Matthieu