usbatm : modprobe & rmmod

Duncan Sands duncan.sands at math.u-psud.fr
Tue Jan 25 05:44:43 EST 2005

Hi Matthieu,

> >>I have still one complain : why driver info is still used ?
> >>why not doing like pci-ide and give when registering struct
> >>usbatm_driver and usb_interface ?
> >

> > I don't know anything about pci-ide.  Where should I look in the kernel tree?
> >
> drivers/ide/setup-pci.c for the core
> drivers/ide/pci/ for drivers

I'm confused: as far as I can see, the pci-ide methods are the same as
the basic pci methods, and the same struct pci_driver is used for both.
Since the usbatm and usb methods are different, I don't see the relevance
of this example.

By the way, if you are suggesting that minidriver modules should register
a struct usb_driver with the USB core, and provide their methods via the
driver_info field in struct usb_device_id, that is certainly possible and
is how it was done a few days ago.

All the best,

Duncan.