exporting CARD_INFO_GET to user space

Roman Kagan rkagan at mail.ru
Thu Feb 24 16:34:34 EST 2005

On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 04:59:41PM +0100, Duncan Sands wrote:
[... re. the implementation of DSL stats ...]
> ... and how much can be done in the ATM layer.

Indeed, I'm getting more and more convinced that this is the right thing
to do.

As Gilles points out,

On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 09:57:54PM +0100, Gilles Espinasse wrote:
[... re. the parameters known to the cxacru driver ...]
> It should be just a few of the usual ADSL parameters.

which makes me think that they might be also available in PCI xDSL
devices, and the like.  I guess it may be reasonable to subclass ATM
device into a DSL device, with extra stats, under /sys/class/atm.

Unfortunately I still don't have a clear perception of Chas' attitude to
the proposed several weeks ago class/atm stuff.  I'll reiterate on that once
2.6.11 is out.

Anyway having DSL stats hanging off class/atm/device, one value per
file, in a uniform fashion for all the devices, appears the most
attractive solution to me.

Cheers,
  Roman.