authorship/copyright/credits in cxacru.c

Roman Kagan rkagan at mail.ru
Tue Feb 15 04:19:55 EST 2005

  Hi,

I realized I need to fix up the authorship and copyright tags in
cxacru.c, but I'm not sure how to do it right, and need your advice.

The "problem" is that I want to give due credit to Josep Comas, but he
hasn't contributed any code to the current cxacru.c: his patch to
speedtch.c went (modified by David) into usbatm.c, which is reflected in
the copyright notice there, and I consulted, but didn't take any code
from, his userspace firwmare loading utility (the main source of
information was the Windows usbsnoop output, though; as a matter of fact
the procedure I'm using is somewhat different from that in Josep's
tool).

Do you think it's appropriate not to include Josep's name in author and
copyright tags, but instead add a paragraph (C commented, naturally)
with a credit notice?

Thanks,
  Roman.