speedtch usbatm.h,1.4,1.5 usbatm2.c,1.13,1.14

Roman Kagan rkagan at mail.ru
Fri Feb 11 08:51:39 EST 2005

  Hi Duncan,

On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 07:12:46PM +0100, Duncan Sands wrote:
> > Do you think we still can make it slide in 2.6.11?
>
> Unlikely - I will ask gregkh.

If it doesn't go in, I think we at least should remove that bogus kfree call
in udsl_destroy_instance: a memleak is better than a probability of a
crash.

Besides, I think we need to make up a usbatm subtree buildable within
the kernel, so that users of 2.6.1[01] could fetch it and replace the
original contents of drivers/usb/atm.  I'll add Kconfig and
Makefile.kernel to CVS, if you don't mind.

> Sorry for the silence these last few
> days: I've been recovering my system from major filesystem corruption

Oh my, what a week!  David is still struggling to make
lists.infradead.org visibile to the outside world after the ISP
changeoverr; the lab I work at had a power outage, still not fully
recovered, so my development machine was inaccessible for a while...
Thanks God, it's already Friday!

Cheers,
  Roman.