speedtch usbatm.h,1.4,1.5 usbatm2.c,1.13,1.14

Roman Kagan rkagan at mail.ru
Mon Feb 7 13:15:45 EST 2005

Ups, didn't see your new message which answers my questions, sorry.

I agree that my first two arguments are subjective, but...

On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 06:52:28PM +0100, Duncan Sands wrote:
> >  3) if we ever come to publish some info from the subdrivers in sysfs,
> >     the .cleanup will be a must (as the only way to handle the
> >     degenerate case of open files in sysfs while removing the device)
>
> Well, we could (and probably should) just return an error when someone tries
> to read info for a subdriver that has been disconnected.

I was talking about something like

(sleep 120; cat) < /sys/foo/bar &
modprobe -r subdriver

Due to this being possible any sysfs stuff is _required_ to provide an
asynchronous cleanup function to the sysfs core.

Cheers,
  Roman.