speedtch speedtch.c,1.49,1.50

Duncan Sands baldrick at free.fr
Fri Apr 22 05:32:06 EDT 2005

Hi Roman,

> schedule_delayed_work() doesn't exclude schedule_work(), does it?

well, doesn't this test

        if (!test_and_set_bit(0, &work->pending)) {

in queue_work and queue_delayed_work mean that you can't change the
delay?  For example, if you already queued delayed work, you can't
then queue the work with no delay?

> Umm, I don't think "simply" is the right word here: adding a workqueue
> is a matter of adding several lines of code to usbatm core, while
> async IO would require splitting of submittion and completion in all
> drivers, and change the concept of the now single polling function into
> a full-blown state machine...

I agree that "simple" wasn't the right word.  By the way, I guess at
some point we should add generic polling support to the usbatm core.

Ciao,

Duncan.