multiple interface test case

Roman Kagan rkagan at mail.ru
Tue Apr 12 05:07:45 EDT 2005

On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 10:36:29AM +0200, Duncan Sands wrote:
> > thanks for this.  It hangs on rmmod on both of my multi-interface
> > devices.  I'm setting up kgdb now, so hopefully I'll soon know
> > what's going on.
>
> Well, it's a reference counting problem.  Still working on it...

Weird that it hasn't bitten many other people yet.

BTW do you have SMP / preemption enabled?  I may be missing something,
but it looks like that list_empty(&dev->driver_list) test is not
protected by a barrier from list_del_init(&dev->driver_list) in
device_release_driver().  But my understanding in these matters is less
than poor...

Cheers,
  Roman.