usbatm xusbatm.c,NONE,1.1

Roman Kagan rkagan at mail.ru
Sat Apr 2 15:49:29 EST 2005

  Hi,

I've added to CVS a new driver, xusbatm (couldn't come up with a better
name).  This is a dumb usbatm-based driver, whose purpose is to handle
the devices which are not taken care of by dedicated drivers.  Such
modems are supposed to be initialized in user space, and then handed
over to this driver, specifying vendor ID, product ID, rx and tx
endpoints and, if needed, rx and tx padding, as module parameters.
(Support for different interfaces will be added later.)

I think it may have certain value, if included in the kernel tree
together with the rest of usbatm, for people whose modems are not (yet)
supported by dedicated usbatm drivers (e.g. eci-adsl stuff comes to
mind).

Cheers,
  Roman.