[tslib] tslib 1.10 status update

Martin Kepplinger martink at posteo.de
Tue May 2 04:07:08 PDT 2017

hi,

With a little more noise and new features as expected recently,
I'll most probably cut the 1.10 cycle short and do a 1.10-rc1 very
soon. I'll wait with the actual release for roughly 2 weeks.

Currently the changelog looks like this:

This release includes libts version 0.7.0 and the following changes:
* new `ts_libversion()` API and TSLIB_VERSION_MT definition
   This offers seamless integration for apps that don't know tslib's
version
* new `module_raw dmc_dus3000` for DMC DUS Series touch screen via UART

This release includes the following bugfixes:
* c03f7c9 tools: ts_uinput_start.sh: fix usage of ts_uinput -d -v
* 47e7ab5 input-raw: Fix wrong first slot values by using calloc instead
of malloc
* 7c5b4f8 plugins: filters: check for read_mt() availability
* e684df5 call ops->fini() only when implemented by the plugin
* 0ca9580 ts_close: free tslib_module_info when fini() is not
implemented

As of libts.so.0.7.0 developers have a stable interface to implement
multitouch
in their applications. One example project that could make use of it is
xf86-input-tslib,
see http://www.pengutronix.de/software/xf86-input-tslib/index_en.html

My initial TODO list in partly re-scheduled for 1.11:

  * use standard integer types more ofter
ongoing

  * make sure we don't use 32 bit timestamp types
I don't think we do.

  * improve the sdl2 branch (ts_test_mt for now), see
    https://github.com/kergoth/tslib/issues/71
re-scheduled for 1.11

  * decide on evemu-setup or uinput (built-in) for ts_verfiy *filter*
    tests and implement a first working test, see
    https://github.com/kergoth/tslib/issues/45
re-scheduled for 1.11+

so long
                                         martin