[Pcsclite-muscle] Delegate WinSCard calls to another library (for a RDP server for example)

Marcin Cieslak saper at saper.info
Fri Mar 15 18:35:33 PDT 2024

On Fri, 15 Mar 2024, Ludovic Rousseau wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am working on a new idea for pcsc-lite: Delegate WinSCard calls to
> another library
>
> The application will call SCardEstablishContext() (for example) as
> before but the call is not directly sent to libpcsclite.so.1. Instead
> we have a intermediate library that can redirect the call somewhere
> else.

I think the same effect could be achieved with the runtime linker
filter feature, see https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23824_01/html/819-0690/chapter4-4.html
"Shared Objects as Filters".

I don't know for macOS, but FreeBSD has moved its system calls
out of the libc using this feature. I guess it is available
to other systems, not only BSD and Solaris.

Marcin