[Pcsclite-muscle] Issue when plugging yubikey after pcscd has started

Laurent Bigonville bigon at bigon.be
Wed Jan 17 00:18:10 PST 2024

Le 16/01/24 à 21:57, Ludovic Rousseau a écrit :
> Hello Laurent,
Hello Ludovic
> I your log pcscd.log so, with pcscd started after the token is
> inserted, I see NO APDU exchanges.
> I looks like "gpg --card-status" is NOT using pcscd while it should
> since you have the option "disable-ccid" in ~/.gnupg/scdaemon.conf
> Do you get the expected results at step 4?

Yes if the yubikey is plugged before pcscd, the output of "gpg
--card-status" is perfectly fine

I can confirm that running "gpg --card-status" while pcscd is stopped is
(systemd) activating both scdaemon and pcscd (in that order looking at
the PID), so I guess it's really using pcscd?

I've attached the scdaemon logs (both when the yubikey is connected
before and after) here, I can see a call to "open_pcsc_reader()"

It seems that the only variable here is whether pcscd is started before
or after the yubikey is plugged. Starting scdaemon before or after pcscd
doesn't make a difference.

> Your problem really looks like "GnuPG and PC/SC conflicts"
> https://blog.apdu.fr/posts/2019/06/gnupg-and-pcsc-conflicts/
Yes I was also thinking this, but ccid driver is disabled
> I will try to reproduce the problem in my side.

Merci!

Laurent