[Pcsclite-muscle] PCSC proxy mode and READER_STATE struct

Ludovic Rousseau ludovic.rousseau at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 05:49:07 PDT 2023

Hello,

Le dim. 29 oct. 2023 à 08:20, Andrey Af <public.irkutsk at gmail.com> a écrit :
> > You are trying to talk directly on the pcscd/libcsclite1 communication socket.
> > This is not supported or documented.
>
> Ok. let's say I implemented an interface for the RDP protocol.
> https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/openspecs/windows_protocols/ms-rdpesc/60d5977d-0017-4c90-ab0c-f34bf44a74a5
>
> So, I have all these calls - EstablishContext, ListReaders,
> GetStatusChange ant etc.
> I want to deliver remote smartcards to a local system. How do I
> interact with the PCSC-LITE API?
> Please tell me the right way.

You want to implement the server part, on the remote system without
the physical smart card reader?
Or the client part, on the user local system with the smart card
reader connected?

On the client part I would say to use the PC/SC API
https://pcsclite.apdu.fr/api/group__API.html

On the server side you have to provide an equivalent of libpcsclite.so.1

You want to implement an RDP client? or server?

Bye

--
 Dr. Ludovic Rousseau