[Pcsclite-muscle] Simulating a CCID reader in software?

Jakub Jelen jjelen at redhat.com
Mon Oct 2 02:01:22 PDT 2023

Hi,
as you probably know, we use vsmartcard for upstream OpenSC testing
with both applets running in jcardsim and for software implementation
of smart cards (libcacard, virt_cacard):

https://github.com/Jakuje/virt_cacard

It really depends on the use case and what you are trying to achieve.
In addition to the uses above, the libcacard was originally written
for the use in VMs so the qemu has a ccid interface which can be
connected to from outside of VM and emulate USB CCID device in the VM:

https://www.qemu.org/docs/master/system/devices/ccid.html

Hope it helps,
Jakub