[Pcsclite-muscle] Best way to remotely use smart card?

Douglas E Engert deengert at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 05:51:32 PST 2023

Many systems and policies of card issuers and employers say a smart card is issued to a user and can only be used by
the user while at the console of the workstation. The OS may enforce this.

The other question is which remote users should also have access this smart card attached to the server.

As other have pointed out polkit might be the answer.

Another approach which may not by available or is not what you want, is to use some Remote Desktop application
so the user has the card with them, but server can access it for login and/or after login. Windows RDC can do this.

  Douglas E. Engert  <DEEngert at gmail.com>