[Pcsclite-muscle] Disable polkit support

Ludovic Rousseau ludovic.rousseau at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 12:33:09 PDT 2023

Le jeu. 8 juin 2023 à 21:13, <rodolfosilva2 at tutanota.com> a écrit :

> Hello,

> recently the arch package for pcsclite changed their PKGBUILD to build pcsclite with polkit support:
> Changes in 1.9.9-3./configure \    --prefix=/usr \    --sbindir=/usr/bin \    --sysconfdir=/etc \    --disable-static \    --enable-filter \    --enable-ipcdir=/run/pcscd \    --enable-libudev \    --enable-usbdropdir=/usr/lib/pcsc/drivers \    --enable-polkit \    --with-systemdsystemunitdir=/usr/lib/systemd/system
>

> I am now facing the problem, that in initramfs no polkit daemon is available.
> Before integrating polkit support in pcscd, i was able to connect to my Smartcard in initramfs stage.
> Now with polkit support it seems pcscd is not letting opensc connect to its daemon anymore.
> I think because it lacks the polkit libraries etc, so i denies all request by default.
>
> Is it possible to start pcscd without polkit support, so i can use pcscd in initramfs ?
> Any other idea how to use pcscd in this stage is also greatly appreciated

The --disable-polkit runtime option has been added 2 months ago in the
source code.
https://github.com/LudovicRousseau/PCSC/commit/a9c7c0886acfb6ca4cae1426a623a8cff2e9846c

This option is not yet available in a released version of pcsc-lite.
Maybe that is a good motivation for a new release?

Bye

--
 Dr. Ludovic Rousseau