[Pcsclite-muscle] Slot Status Error Code

Harald Glanzer harald.glanzer at rise-world.com
Wed Jul 14 09:06:07 PDT 2021

Hello,

i am working on a cardreader-firmware; the application using the
cardreader requires to know if 2 or more iso14443 (nfc) cards are
detected by the (single) nfc 'slot'.

i can detect the presence of multiple cards via cardreader-fw, but i
have no idea what is the best way to signal this information to the
application using the pcsc - API.

- setting the cardreader status to 'mute' is maybe not the best way as i
think this state may also occur in other situations.

- CCID 6.2.6 / 'Reporting Slot Error and Slot Status' reserves
errorrange 0x81 - 0xC0 for user defined purposes, but i am wondering if
there is any possibility to obtain this error code by pcsc api.

running pcscd in debug mode (pcscd -d -f) shows my user defined error
code 0xC0:
"16333662 [140246702278400] commands.c:1235:CmdGetSlotStatus Unknown
CCID error: 0xC0"

is there any way to check for this status, for example via
'ScardGetStatusChange()'?

or otherwise, could somebody point me into the right direction?

thx in advance!
Hari