[Pcsclite-muscle] PCSC 10 - Class 2

Michael StJohns mstjohns at comcast.net
Thu Feb 4 17:50:49 EST 2021

On 2/4/2021 4:23 PM, Ludovic Rousseau wrote:
> Le jeu. 4 févr. 2021 à 17:24, Michael StJohns <mstjohns at comcast.net> a
> écrit :> Hi -
>
> Hello,
>
>> I'm looking for guidance that appears to be missing from the PCSC part
>> 10 - specifically how ModifyPinStart/ModifyPinFinish/GetKeyPressed
>> behave in the face of the normal, old pin/new pin/new pin again pattern
>> for changing a pin.   It's not directly tied to pcsc-lite, but I figured
>> since Ludovic had a hand in writing the specs....
> I never played with the ModifyPinStart/ModifyPinFinish/GetKeyPressed features.
>
> I guess you are using Windows? Or at least _not_ my CCID driver. Exact?
>
> Bye

Hi Ludovic -

I'm actually using Java as the high level language with the desire to
make this work over both Windows and Linuxm  so both. On the linux side
I may or may not have been using your CCID driver for a given reader -
to be honest I've lost track of what last worked when I was on Linux.
I've had mostly good luck with normal PCSC interactions on both
platforms with with the occasional exception where a reader works in
extended APDU mode on Windows, but not on Linux.

I've also had reasonable luck finding a generic VerifyPin/ModifyPin
structure that works across at least a few Pinpad readers with LCDs.
Now I'm branching out to verify similar operating models for Pinpad
readers without LCDs hence the question about
ModifyPinStart/Finish/KeyPressed/Abort.

I'm guessing how thing should work - so next step is to write a test
program and see for sure.

Thanks - Mike