[Pcsclite-muscle] Serial non-usb readers - Help required

Hemanth Kumar hemanth.sahara at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 13:04:44 PST 2017

I am building an IFD reader in Mac OSx to work over the serial host
and port..not sure if this has been worked before... I have couple of
confusions around that

What I did so far:
Leveraging the vpcd (virtual smart card reader driver).
Pushed the shared object on to
/usr/local/libexec/Smartcardservices/drivers/Serial
Added etc/reader.conf

What I saw
The reader is not shown on pcsctest.
Reader shows if I have a ifd bundle and assign usb storage, but thats
not what I am looking for, I want to be able to have a non-USB serial
reader to write and read information from a host

Where should the driver (serial driver)be placed (osx Sierra) so that
the pcscd can pick that up?
I can't copy the share object to /usr/libexec/Smart cardServices/drivers.

Any serial card readers sample in mac osx?? ANY help would be greatly
appreciated, I am at lost how to start, please help.

Thank you