[Pcsclite-muscle] Jinmuyu MR800 card reader problem

Ludovic Rousseau ludovic.rousseau
Wed Jun 14 06:37:12 PDT 2017

> On lundi 12 juin 2017 9 h 15 min 36 s CEST Ludovic Rousseau wrote:
> > > The requested output.txt file is attached to this e-mail.
> >
> > The reader indicates it has 2 slots:
> >   bMaxSlotIndex: 0x01
> >
> > From what you wrote earlier I guess it is wrong and the reader can only
> use
> > 1 smart card. Exact?
>
> The reader can read one RFID card but it has two internal slots for SAM
> cards.
> Does that account for the second reported slot?

Yes.
The reader could even reports 3 slots then.

> I guess the USB CCID descriptor has other problems (in dwFeatures), not
> > just the value bMaxSlotIndex.
> >
> > I will add this reader in the "Disabled CCID readers" list for now.
>
> Windows can communicate with the MR800 without any additional driver so I
> won't blame the reader at this stage.

The windows CCID driver is not CCID conformance validation tool :-)

I'll try to investigate and see if I can submit a patch.

OK

Bye

--
 Dr. Ludovic Rousseau