[Pcsclite-muscle] How to Identify USB devices on linux/ubuntu/debian

Uv Wildner uv.wildner.ext
Mon Jan 30 10:01:28 PST 2017

Well its easy to specify the device for the docker container.... that's resolved already.

However, the IDs on the USB bus are not fixed for a physical device and cannot be used reliably for this.

So I don't know which card is in which physical USB device XXX on the bus.

But how can I find the mapping from the physical device to a USB device id which I can give to the container to connect the right device.
This was my original question. How to find this mapping!

I can list the devices on the usb bus.

I can list the enumerated readers... and read the contents of the inserted cards.

How the cards read with an enumerated card reader name are connected to a physical reader AKA ID on the usb bus is hidden in the stack!
:(

As in your original answer... it does not seem possible.
At least not within the pcsclite library.

cheers