[Pcsclite-muscle] How to Identify USB devices on linux/ubuntu/debian

Ludovic Rousseau ludovic.rousseau
Mon Jan 30 07:59:23 PST 2017

> I see, the stack introduces a level of abstraction which discards this
> information.
>
> I will  try to workaround this by reinitializing the crypto parts each
> time.
> I hope I can cover all my test cases like this.
>
> So for the use case:
>
> In an automated test setup I will be running a number  of containerized
> systems needing exactly one card reader containing the right card.
>
> On the host level I am assigning a USB device to the container , inside
> the container I am just using the first card available.

So each container will see exactly 1 smart card reader at the USB level.
Each container will have its own pcscd.
pcscd executed inside the container will list exactly 1 smart card reader
at the PC/SC level.

Am I right?

> When the (usb) device - card mapping is going wrong I will end up in
> encryption problems when the wrong card with the wrong key is connected to
> my current container.
>
> Thanks a lot for the quick & efficient support!!!

You are welcome.

Bye

--
 Dr. Ludovic Rousseau