[Pcsclite-muscle] Problems with Alcor Micro AU9540 or AU9560

Ludovic Rousseau ludovic.rousseau at free.fr
Fri Dec 29 03:40:17 PST 2017

Le 29/12/2017 à 02:13, Gregor Zattler a écrit :
> Hi Ludovic,

Hello,

> I have a problem with a smartcard reader which is builtin a Lenovo Thinkpad x240
> under debian/stretch (v9.3, packages are up-to-date).
>
>      libccid             1.4.26-1
>      libpcsclite1:amd64  1.8.20-1
>      pcsc-tools          1.4.27-1
>      pcscd               1.8.20-1
>
>      $ /usr/sbin/pcscd --version
>      pcsc-lite version 1.8.20.
>      Copyright (C) 1999-2002 by David Corcoran <corcoran at musclecard.com>.
>      Copyright (C) 2001-2015 by Ludovic Rousseau <ludovic.rousseau at free.Freitag>.
>      Copyright (C) 2003-2004 by Damien Sauveron <sauveron at labri.Freitag>.
>      Report bugs to <pcsclite-muscle at lists.alioth.debian.org>.
>      Enabled features: Linux x86_64-pc-linux-gnu serial usb libudev usbdropdir=/usr/lib/pcsc/drivers ipcdir=/var/run/pcscd configdir=/etc/reader.conf.d
>
> The reader is reported via lsusb as Alcor Micro Corp. AU9540:
>
>      $ lsusb
>      Bus 003 Device 003: ID 058f:9540 Alcor Micro Corp. AU9540 Smartcard Reader
>      [... Details below ...]
>
> but as Alcor Micro AU9560 via pcsc_scan:

Alcor Micro uses the same VendorID/ProductID for different devices.
The AU9560 is https://pcsclite.alioth.debian.org/ccid/supported.html#0x058F0x9540
The AU9540 is https://pcsclite.alioth.debian.org/ccid/unsupported.html#0x058F0x9540

I guess your reader is the one in the unsupported list.

>      $ pcsc_scan
>      PC/SC device scanner
>      V 1.4.27 (c) 2001-2011, Ludovic Rousseau <ludovic.rousseau at free.Freitag>
>      Compiled with PC/SC lite version: 1.8.17
>      Using reader plug'n play mechanism
>      Scanning present readers...
>      0: Alcor Micro AU9560 00 00
>
>      Fri Dec 29 01:02:29 2017
>      Reader 0: Alcor Micro AU9560 00 00
>      Card state: Card removed,
>
>      Fri Dec 29 01:02:40 2017
>      Reader 0: Alcor Micro AU9560 00 00
>      Card state: Card inserted, Unresponsive card,
>

> The cards in question are an OpenPGP card v2.1  The problem is the same
> with both cards.  I accessed the cards successfully via gpg --card-status
> some months ago.  But I do not remember the details.  Most probably I did
> so with this very reader (because the only other model is a reiner cyber
> jack which is not supported).
>
> Please find attached the log.txt produced via
> udo LIBCCID_ifdLogLevel=0x000F pcscd --foreground --debug --apdu --color | tee log.txt.
>

> I do report this problem as a reply to your answer to a two year old problem
> report (see far below) because this was an AU940 also.  But the interesting part
> is that the reporter found two platforms/software versions which worked with
> her/his reader. I did not understand why judged that s/he would have to buy
> another reader.

You may suffer from the same problem reported to Ubuntu
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pcsc-lite/+bug/1307109

I have no solution to that.

> Thanks for the development of ccid and pcscd and your attention.

You are welcome.

Bye

--
  Dr. Ludovic Rousseau