[Pcsclite-muscle] RFC - one old and one new bluetooth device driver.

James pcsclite
Wed Aug 16 01:01:02 PDT 2017

On Wed, Aug 16, 2017 at 06:50:37AM +0000, Martin Paljak wrote:
> Cool! Last time I asked OmniKey/HID for a specification of the transport
> layer, I received silence... The fact that it has simple plaintext
> communication is probably the reason why it is discontinued.
>
> My only comment would be to make it clear in the patch that these features
> are  "HID/omnikey" which has nothing to do with HID as
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_interface_device (because devices like
> FIDO and Yubikey DO use HID and/or CCID for communication and this could
> create confusion)

entirely fair :)

I forgot to mention that both drivers fake the get slot status command
when they can't reach the reader to say the slot is empty, so you can
hot-attach the reader and then pcscd just sees a card insertion.

The ACR3901U driver additionally remembers if the card was powered
and restores this state on reconnect, so things like ssh-agent + pkcs11
work seemlessly.

> I hope I did not trash the 2061 as a useless reader and can find it to test.

I may have a spare if you can't find it (i bought more than one), as I think
I'm going to use the ACR3901U-S1 as they're much ligher and smaller and
fallback to usb when the battery is flat.  (They're also cheaper at about $35 )

I didn't bother reverse engineering the windows tool that sets the PIN over
USB as that's a once only operation.

J.