[Pcsclite-muscle] Smartcard reader Precise Biometrics 200 MC

Jan Prunk janprunk
Tue Sep 20 03:18:52 PDT 2016

Hello,

I am wondering if the smartcard reader "Precise Biometrics 200 MC" [1]
managed to enter to the supported readers to be used with GnuPG on
GNU/Linux systems now in 2016 ? Is there a guideline to follow for setting
it up ? I have found a reference [2] where it says that this reader has
been assigned to unsupported devices list [3] in the year 2010. I am
wondering if anything has been changed in the last 6 years about that, and
would it make any sense keeping this device for another year if there is a
chance for any progress to be made or will it simply remain being
permanently unsupported ? Could it maybe be used without a fingerprint
scanner and only through a PIN entry entering mode from the PC ?

1 -
http://precisebiometrics.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/ProductSheetPrecise200MC.pdf
2 -
http://musclecard.996296.n3.nabble.com/pcsc-lite-ccid-Precise-MC-200-problems-with-T-1-td4543.html#none