[Pcsclite-muscle] further issues with O2MICRO OZ776 (0b97:7772)

Ludovic Rousseau ludovic.rousseau
Sat May 14 11:19:00 PDT 2016

> Hi all.

Hello,

> Recently I was confronted with serious issues regarding the reader within
> Fujitsu Lifebook E754.
> Turns out it is the O2 Micros's OZ776.
>
> Simplified: I was not able to read back some x509 certificates with it.
> (And other security tools errored while using it.)
> (Althought all test passed using an external USB card reader...)
> After debugging it more and more became obvious, all disruptions are
> caused by an LIBUSB_ERROR_TIMEOUT (-7) - the reader simply didn't respond
> in some cases.
>
> Hereby I want to suggest my patch making the reader fully usable.
> In case somebody needs pcscd before-patch- and after-patch logs, please
> write me, I will make them available then.

You modified the T=1 communication algorithm. I guess the reader is also
bogus with T=0 cards.
Do you have T=0 cards to test with the reader?

According to my driver page [1] this O2 Micro Oz776 reader has other
problems:
" The reader is bogus and does not accept PPS "

I do not plan to integrate your patch. The reader may be too bogus to make
it usable.
But thanks for sharing your patch. Maybe it can help other "victims" of
this reader.

Bye

[1] https://pcsclite.alioth.debian.org/ccid/unsupported.html#0x0B970x7772

--