[Pcsclite-muscle] Increasing connected smart card reader count limit

Vincas Dargis vindrg
Tue May 3 03:09:25 PDT 2016

> No. You also need to change CCID_DRIVER_MAX_READERS in the CCID driver (if
> you use this driver)
> https://github.com/LudovicRousseau/CCID/blob/master/src/ccid_ifdhandler.h#L50

When I disconnect HID Omnikey reader, in syslog appears:
pcscd: ccid_usb.c:660:WriteUSB() write failed (1/8): -4 No such device

That means CCID is in fact used, so I will have to modify libccid
package also, right?

We're going to use Debian (instead of two Windows machines, yay! :-)
), so I am planing to create local repo for modified packages I guess.

> This is a known "feature" reported in [1].
> Contact me if you want to help fix this limitation.

Oh, so Idea is to use update codebase to use list instead? I wish I
could help, but I kinda doubt I could provide quality C when having
experienced mainly with C++ only.

>> P.S. maybe someone have seen USB smart card reader "bank" with lot's of
>> slots?
>

> No. Not yet.
> Can you share a picture of such reader?
> Or a picture of your setup?

Sorry for not being clear, as English is not my native language... I
wanted to ask if anyone knows USB device that could be bought that has
lot's of smart card slots bundled in it.

Thanks for reply, Ludovic