[Pcsclite-muscle] cannot erase epass2003auto - token init failure

Jay Aurabind jay.aurabind
Sun Jun 19 08:54:04 PDT 2016

Thanks for your reponse Ludovic. please see my inline response

On 19 June 2016 at 20:43, Ludovic Rousseau <ludovic.rousseau at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Hi,
>

> Hello
>

>> I bought a new usb crypto token epass2003auto. I used pkcs15-init to
>> initially create some keys on it. Later I decided to erase the token,
>> and from then onwards, I am unable to use my token for anything. I
>> always get this message "Failed to erase card: Security status not
>> satisfied" every time I try to erase it. I cannot create new keys
>> either. Here is what I saw with opesc-explorer:
>>

>> OpenSC [3F00]> erase
>> Failed to erase card: Security status not satisfied
>> OpenSC [3F00]> info
>>
>> Dedicated File  ID 3F00
>>
>> File path:     3F00
>> File size:     0 bytes
>> DF name:       entersafe-fips
>> ACL for SELECT:       N/A
>> ACL for LOCK:         N/A
>> ACL for DELETE:       N/A
>> ACL for CREATE:       N/A
>> ACL for REHABILITATE: N/A
>> ACL for INVALIDATE:   N/A
>> ACL for LIST FILES:   N/A
>> ACL for CRYPTO:       N/A
>> ACL for DELETE SELF:  N/A
>> Proprietary attributes:  00 7F
>> Security attributes:     9F 9F FF 9F FF FF FF FF
>>

>> Somebody else reported the issue with OpenSC github[1], but Feitian is
>> giving a tool under nda to fix the issue. I too got the tool as well,
>> but even that aint working. I've been mailing the contact at feitian,
>> but no responses. From the output of that tool, I speculate that it
>> needs a properly initialized pcscd running on the system. (the tool
>> complains about a service not found)
>>
>> Hopefully if I solve the pcscd problem, this tool might work to fix my
>> ePass2003auto
>>
>> Kindly help me fix the issue. Below are the details you need:
>>
>> USB Token: Feitian ePass2003auto
>> USB driver version: CCID 1.4.24
>>
>> Output of pcscd --version:
>>
>> pcsc-lite version 1.8.17.
>> Copyright (C) 1999-2002 by David Corcoran <corcoran at musclecard.com>.
>> Copyright (C) 2001-2015 by Ludovic Rousseau <ludovic.rousseau at free.fr>.
>> Copyright (C) 2003-2004 by Damien Sauveron <sauveron at labri.fr>.
>> Report bugs to <pcsclite-muscle at lists.alioth.debian.org>.
>> Enabled features: Linux x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu serial usb libudev
>> usbdropdir=/usr/local/lib/pcsc/drivers ipcdir=/var/run/pcscd
>> configdir=/usr/local/etc/reader.conf.d
>>
>> However, directory /usr/local/etc/reader.conf.d does not exist.
>>
>> Platform: OS: Fedora 23, using latest versions of pcsc, built locally.
>

> Why do you build pcsc-lite yourself instead of using a Fedora package?

Version of pcsc-lite in fedora repo does not support ePass2003auto,
hence I had to build it from source.

>> Please revert back to me if you any more information. Full log is
>> attached as well.
>

> You get the card ATR so pcsc-lite + driver is working.
> Your token is a composite device with more than 1 interface. The other
> interface is not CCID so the driver reported an error and pcscd complained.
> Maybe I should fix this behavior.

The other interface is probably the mass storage device which is
automounted when I plug the device.

> But I do not have this ATR in my list.
> Please submit your token at
> http://smartcard-atr.appspot.com/parse?ATR=3B9F958131FE9F006646530523002571DF000003900096

Done.

Is there anything I can do to get this thing working ?

> Bye
>
> --
>  Dr. Ludovic Rousseau

Thanks and Regards,