[Pcsclite-muscle] SCardGetAttrib

Christophe FERRANDO christophe.ferrando
Fri Jun 3 01:33:17 PDT 2016

Sure, you?re right.

It?s a documentation problem, I should have read the return code of pccslite before posting to the list.

Have a nice day,

Christophe

De : Pcsclite-muscle [mailto:pcsclite-muscle-bounces+christophe.ferrando=sylyca.com at lists.alioth.debian.org] De la part de Ludovic Rousseau
Envoy? : vendredi 3 juin 2016 09:34
? : Talks about MUSCLE <pcsclite-muscle at lists.alioth.debian.org>
Objet : Re: [Pcsclite-muscle] SCardGetAttrib

Hi,

Hello Chirstophe,

With the last pcsclite version, i get this error :

SCardGetAttrib:[8010001f] Feature not supported.

              rv = SCardEstablishContext(SCARD_SCOPE_USER, NULL, NULL, &hContext);

               CHECK("SCardEstablishContext", rv)

               rv = SCardConnect(hContext,mszReaders,

                         SCARD_SHARE_EXCLUSIVE,SCARD_PROTOCOL_T0, &hCard, &dwActiveProtocol);

              dwAttrLen = SCARD_AUTOALLOCATE;

              rv = SCardGetAttrib(hCard,SCARD_ATTR_USER_TO_CARD_AUTH_DEVICE,(unsigned char*)&pbAttr,&dwAttrLen);

              CHECK("SCardGetAttrib", rv);

              rv = SCardFreeMemory(hContext,pbAttr);

              CHECK("SCardFreeMemory", rv);

              rv = SCardDisconnect(hCard, SCARD_LEAVE_CARD);

              CHECK("SCardDisconnect", rv)

              rv = SCardReleaseContext(hContext);

              CHECK("SCardReleaseContext", rv)

              break;

I expect 0x00000032, ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED (0x32)

ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED is not a PC/SC error, even on Windows.

The windows list is at https://msdn.microsoft.com/fr-fr/library/windows/desktop/aa374738%28v=vs.85%29.aspx#smart_card_return_values

I think it is a bug on the Windows side. Either the windows code is bogus or the Windows documentation is wrong.

Maybe you should report the problem to Microsoft?

Bye

--

 Dr. Ludovic Rousseau