[Pcsclite-muscle] IFD polling

Frank Morgner morgner
Wed Feb 25 08:34:56 PST 2015

You can delegate the calls e.g. by using jni.

I am using a simple socket based interface for delegating the ifd requests, see http://frankmorgner.github.io/vsmartcard/virtualsmartcard/README.html VPCD delegates the calls to everything that listens on the other side of the socket. You can find a java implementation of "the other side" in this android app http://frankmorgner.github.io/vsmartcard/remote-reader/README.html

Am 25. Februar 2015 17:01:19 MEZ, schrieb Jeffrey Hutzelman <jhutz at cmu.edu>:
>On Wed, 2015-02-25 at 07:42 -0800, William Roberts wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 7:28 AM, Ludovic Rousseau <
>> ludovic.rousseau at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > binding to
>> >
>> > Why do you want to call the IFD handler directly from Java?
>> > Why not use the PC/SC interface?
>> >

>> I am not explaining this properly :-P
>
>Perhaps not.
>
>I think what you're asking for is effectively the ability to write an
>IFD handler in Java.  For pcsc-lite, I don't think that's realistic --
>it would mean pulling an entire Java interpreter into pcscd.  What you
>could do is a bridge that talks to a Java program running in another
>process, but I think that's going to be more troublesome than it's
>worth.
>
>jPAM in fact does not do this; what it does is let Java applications
>call PAM, not the other way around.  pam-python _does_ let you write
>PAM
>modules in Python; it does this by spinning up a Python interpreter in
>the PAM module.  That works because Python is designed to be embedded
>in
>another program in this way and because it will be shut down and
>unloaded when the module is removed, which happens no later than when
>the application calls pam_end().
>
>-- Jeff

Frank Morgner