[Pcsclite-muscle] Failure to read Gemalto IDPrime MD with USB Shell Token V2

Ronald Osure rosure
Wed Apr 29 05:42:32 PDT 2015

Greetings all,

I have a Gemalto USB Shell Token V2 card reader which I am using with
the Gemalto IDPrime MD card.

On Ubuntu 14.04.1, I can see the reader by doing 'opensc-tool -l'.
'pcsc_scan' also finds the card and shows the APDU.

My opensc.conf file has one line ie 'reader_drivers = pcsc;'. I have
also installed the driver libgtop11dotnet 2.2.0.12-0 from
https://launchpad.net/~arnaud-morin/+archive/ubuntu/gemalto/+build/6603202.

I am consistently getting an error when I try to test the card with the
command:
pkcs11-tool --module /usr/lib/libgtop11dotnet.so.0 -t --pin 0000 --login

What could possibly be wrong with my setup?

Thanks.

Ronald.