[Pcsclite-muscle] HELP! Any experience on smart card chip wearing?

Martin Paljak martin
Mon Sep 8 01:45:25 PDT 2014

On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 11:22 AM, Arne Ansper <arne at ats.cyber.ee> wrote:
> Some time ago we implemented system where smartcard signed continously. In
> order to have some understanding how reliable this might be, I did a test.

Same here.

Wanting to test the reliability of Estonian eID and the "eeprom write
operations limit" thing from Wikipedia (as the card has a usage
counter) a similar script was tested against it. It ran for maybe a
month and half and was not restarted after a machine restart, and I
also changed during the test cycle warm reset of the card to a powerup
reset before every operation and the counter was around 2.something
million signatures and card working properly last time I checked.

The test should be countinued, as the counter is "only" 3 bytes long ... ;(

m.
--
Martin
+372 515 6495