[Pcsclite-muscle] HELP! Any experience on smart card chip wearing?

Arne Ansper arne
Mon Sep 8 01:22:36 PDT 2014

Some time ago we implemented system where smartcard signed continously. In
order to have some understanding how reliable this might be, I did a test.

I had laptop with Ubuntu or Debian, smartcard with CardOS 4.3 (IIRC) from
Siemens, CCID smartcard reader from Omnikey and small program that just
signed continously. This experiment ran successfully for 540 days and
created approximately 118 million signatures. The process ended with:

card-cardos.c:838:cardos_compute_signature: returning with: Internal error

Hardware was still ok, I was able to restart the process.

Best regards,
Arne