[Pcsclite-muscle] Dynamically disable/enable specific card reader

Ludovic Rousseau ludovic.rousseau
Tue Oct 7 09:51:44 PDT 2014

> Hello,

Hello,

> I have a device with multiple card readers connected. One of the
> applications I run in the device apparently has a bug and hungs if one
> specific reader is connected. It does not hung if it isn't. One
> workaround until the bug is fixed could be to disable the reader
> before launching the application and enable the reader back when the
> application exits. Is there a way to accomplish this?

That is easy. Before the application is started just physically unplug
the problematic reader.
But maybe that is not the kind of answer you expect.

If your question is: does PC/SC provides a way to logically disable a
reader then the answer is no.

You do not say if you use USB readers.
You do not say what operating system you are using.

Regards,

--
 Dr. Ludovic Rousseau