[Pcsclite-muscle] pcsc-lite and polkit rules in openSUSE 13.2

Ludovic Rousseau ludovic.rousseau
Thu Nov 6 01:23:16 PST 2014

> HI!

Hello,

> After upgrading to openSUSE 13.2 accessing my USB CCID card reader though
> pcscd does not work anymore. Seems that polkit rules are needed for this new
> pcscd version (access as root does work).
>
> After doing some reading I've tried to create file
> /usr/share/polkit-1/rules.d/org.debian.pcsc-lite.packagekit.rules (see below)
> but it does not work.
>
> Any hint is appreciated.
>
> Ciao, Michael.
>
> ----------------- snip -----------------
> polkit.addRule(function(action, subject) {
>     if (
>                         action.id == "org.debian.pcsc-lite.access_pcsc" &&
>                         subject.active == true &&
>                         subject.local == true &&
>                         subject.isInGroup("scard")
>     )
>                 {
>                         return polkit.Result.YES;
>                 }
> });
>
> polkit.addRule(function(action, subject) {
>     if (
>                         action.id == "org.debian.pcsc-lite.access_card" &&
>                         subject.active == true &&
>                         subject.local == true &&
>                         subject.isInGroup("scard")
>         )
>                 {
>                         return polkit.Result.YES;
>                 }
> });

No idea.
have you read doc/README.polkit?

Why do openSUSE compile pcsc-lite with polkit support if is does not work?
Maybe you should open a bug at openSUSE.

Bye

--
 Dr. Ludovic Rousseau