[Pcsclite-muscle] Betr.: Re: Bug report

Ludovic Rousseau ludovic.rousseau
Wed Jun 11 01:44:24 PDT 2014

>> > I have uncovered a bug affecting libccid version 1.4.15-1, which is the
>> > official version available for Ubuntu's latest release Trusty Tahir
>> > (14.04)
>>
>> I am not sure the bug is in libccid. Maybe it is in the PKCS#11
>> library you are using.
>
> Well, since I can fix the error by downgrading libccid while keeping
> everything else as-is, I really doubt it's not libccid...
>

>> I can't debug the libccid driver using firefox screen copies.
>> Please follow http://pcsclite.alioth.debian.org/ccid.html#support to
>> send pcscd logs with the 2 versions of the driver.
>
> Working log: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59310900/log12.txt
>
> Failing log: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59310900/log15.txt
>

> In the failing log, I specifically noticed line 156:
>
> commands.c:2097:CmdXfrBlockCHAR_T0() Unrecognized Procedure byte (0xF8)
> found!

It is a known and already fixed bug from the O2 Micro Oz776 reader firmware.
See http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pcsclite-cvs-commit/2014-April/006440.html

You can get the current driver snapshot at
http://ludovic.rousseau.free.fr/softwares/pcsc-lite/ and check the
problem is corrected for you.

I will try to release "soon" a new version of the CCID driver with
this fix included.

Bye

--
 Dr. Ludovic Rousseau