[Pcsclite-muscle] Issue with C# / Mono / PCSC / Debian (Raspbian)

Tom Arnautovic tom.arnautovic
Thu Jul 17 06:52:01 PDT 2014

Hi All,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to be sending this but anyhow.

Situation is we have a Raspberry PI (with PiFace) connected to an ACR122U-A9
card reader.  We have a C# application running (via mono) on the Pi which
provides a card watcher service.   When a card is checked as valid on the
network, the magnet on the door is released.

The system works fine until it doesn't and stops working.  I've searched
everywhere  and can't find a smoking gun anywhere in the logs and I've tried
a number of workarounds to get it working consistently including updating
Kernal via rpi-update to 3.12.22+, restarting mono/pcscd every 2hours via
cron (not a fix but to see if this helps).

In the /var/log/messages log there are a lot of "door0007 pcscd:
winscard.c:887:SCardDisconnect() Error resetting card" messages.  I'm
wondering if the cards are not disconnected, if these "handles" build up to
a threshold on pcscd and then it crashes.  Is this likely to be a problem in
the code or a problem with pcsc or mono but I really don't know what I'm
talking about.

Anyway, any advice on how to go about debugging this issue would be much
appreciated?  I do not have access to the code so I'm just trying to
ascertain at which layer the issue is occurring.  If it is an issue with the
C# code I can send it back to the developers.

Cheers,

Tom

---