[Pcsclite-muscle] acsccid 1.1.0 Released

Greg Troxel gdt
Wed Dec 17 03:59:28 PST 2014

Godfrey Chung <godfreyhkchung at gmail.com> writes:

> I would like to inform you that acsccid 1.1.0 had been released.
>
> v1.1.0 (10/12/2014)
> - Add the following readers support:
>   ACR1255U-J1 PICC Reader
> - Fix the PICC detection problem in ACR1281 2S CL Reader.
> - Merge with ccid 1.4.18.
>   - Fix the memory leak in Multi_PollingProc().
> - Fix the compilation warnings.
>
> Please download it from http://acsccid.sourceforge.net/.

I've been maintaining smartcard packages in pkgsrc (packaging system
which suppports many operating systems).  I am curious why this is a
separate package rather than just having support in the regular ccid
package.  Without an explanation, it seems obvious that support should
be merged so that one doesn't need to install different code to support
different readers.  (The answer should be on the acsccid page, since I
would expect everyone else who looks at this to have the same question.)

Also, it seems to support only two operating systems, which is a
regression from ccid, which intends to be portable.

Ludovic:

At

  http://pcsclite.alioth.debian.org/ccid.html

you could add

NetBSD (pkgsrc)

The driver is available in pkgsrc as security/ccid.

http://pkgsrc.se/security/ccid

Thanks,
Greg