OpenWrt One - celebrating 20 years of OpenWrt

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sun Jan 14 22:23:40 PST 2024

On Mon, Jan 15, 2024 at 12:55 AM John Crispin <john at phrozen.org> wrote:

> when did crowdfunding come into play here ? there is no intention of
> starting a crowdfunder.

A kickstarter is a good way to forecast demand.

You've captured the imagination of the geek community.

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=38934013

The original hits, by the original artists!

And upstream first, to build a better future, perhaps, in whatever you do next.

Please consider the idea.

>      John
>
> On 15.01.24 01:51, Kathy Giori wrote:
> > Or CrowdSupply <https://www.crowdsupply.com/> (founder Joshua Lifton).
> >
> > Or I could introduce you to BeagleBoard.org <http://BeagleBoard.org>
> > -- combo of the founder and the exec dir is quite an experienced pair,
> > well-aligned with OpenWrt principles, experienced with getting
> > high-volume hardware manufactured and sold (that is manufactured in
> > Asia). If you want to collaborate/co-brand with them, you'd have solid
> > experience behind the sales and distribution of the platform to
> > top-tier distributors (DigiKey, etc.). I already mentioned this
> > project to founder Jason Kridner and he'd be happy to have a chat.
> >
> > kathy
> >
> > p.s. perhaps you could organize a discussion of this platform at FOSDEM?
> >

> > On Sun, Jan 14, 2024 at 7:05 AM Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >     Can I recommend you do a kickstarter?

40 years of net history, a couple songs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9RGX6QFm5E
Dave Täht CSO, LibreQos