OpenWRT for my tp-link EX510 AX3000 Dual Band Wi-Fi 6 Router?

Felix Baumann felix.baumann at freifunk-aachen.de
Sat Feb 17 02:26:05 PST 2024

Am 10. Februar 2024 06:19:02 MEZ schrieb Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming via openwrt-devel <openwrt-devel at lists.openwrt.org>:
>The sender domain has a DMARC Reject/Quarantine policy which disallows
>sending mailing list messages using the original "From" header.
>
>To mitigate this problem, the original message has been wrapped
>automatically by the mailing list software.
Hi,

I just saw your mail from last year (22nd of march)
No your EX510 is not supported.
Look here: <https://firmware-selector.openwrt.org/>
No firmware available

It appears the device is not sold worldwide so noone else worked on adding support for it.
It might be similar to a TP-Link AX53 (just branded under a different name) but noone can know for sure without taking a look at the device.

We don't know which processor is running in the device which is necessary to know whether its supportable.
If it's close to a HX510 v1 then it's probably Qualcomm-based (Currently unsupported, might be in the future). HX510 v2 is Mediatek based, I think.
There is no firmware online available for download (atleast I couldn't find any).
There are also no pictures of the board/the inside of the device.
TP-Link doesn't offer GPL firmware for it online, you would have to follow the instructions on your GPL notice and receive a copy of the firmware and share it with devs on the OpenWrt forum (probably you have to send TP-Link an email and receive a CD or download link). Even then devs would need hw access to such a device to implement support.

It might never receive support unless you put in the work yourself. It doesn't sound like you ever did such a thing in the past, so it's very unlikely.

Regards
Felix