OpenWrt One / project update

Michael Richardson mcr+ietf at sandelman.ca
Mon Apr 29 12:04:37 PDT 2024

{sorry for the long delay, been unwell}

Bjørn Mork <bjorn at mork.no> wrote:
    > Maybe it is possible to deploy the system with secure boot and a
    > protected IDevId key by default, but allowing the user/owner to erase
    > the key and disable secure boot?  This way all use cases could be
    > supported, including playing with the BL2 code etc.

It won't work that way.  If someone can easily turn off secure boot, then so can malware.
I hope we can go the other way.

I'm willing to do the legwork, and I can sign an NDA if necessary, and then
communicate what needs to be said.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF at sandelman.ca>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )