OpenWrt One / project update

Michael Richardson mcr at sandelman.ca
Fri Apr 12 10:38:01 PDT 2024

John Crispin <john at phrozen.org> wrote:
    > On 12.04.24 15:30, Michael Richardson wrote:
    >> Is the MT7981B specification available publically at this point?
    >>
    >> I can find a 7986 sheet on hackaday, but who knows how it differs (marketing
    >> people and their numbers)
    >>
    > Hi

> http://mirror2.openwrt.org/docs/

Thank you, I'm reading through now.

I didn't grok all the GPIO pin sharing, there are a lot of choices there
which I think you've already made when you listed the high-level specs.

Will we be able to support the:
     "the hardware-based NAT engine with QoS embedded in MT7981B"
     Any IPv6 support down there? Yes, for various tunnel protocols even.
     Is it the "NEON"?

I see 64 Tx queues for wired ethernet, but I imagine Dave Taht will want to
know if there are per-host queues for the wireless.  Hmm. Well, it looks like
there are at least 4, but I could have mis-understood.

In the first PDF, there is mention of:
   Security Support 2 * 256-bit multi-key on OTP eFuse
   Support 64 version OTP eFuse for anti-rollback

which is often the key to getting IDevID deployed, but I didn't find further
mention of that in the three datasheets.

I found: 11008014 GLOBAL_SEC_EN, but I think it has to do with locking down
the timers, or some I2C thing.

(I turned on hypothes.is while reading the PDFs, if someone wants to see my notes)