OpenWrt One / project update

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Thu Apr 11 04:20:28 PDT 2024

Ivan Ivanov <qmastery16 at gmail.com> writes:

> BootROM is considered by Free Software Foundation as a part of
> hardware

And I consider immutable source-less compiled binary blobs the absolute
worst kind of all binary blobs. They are impossible to debug and fix,
and have exactly no theoretical chance of ever been replaced by an open
source alternative, even in the wettest libre software dreams.

We're different.

You should follow up your ideas with a "LibreCMC One" or something like
that. It won't be an alternative to the OpenWrt One for a single use
case AFAICS, so there should be room for both. Not that I would buy one.
But maybe the FSF board will?

Good luck!

Bjørn