OpenWrt One / project update

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Thu Apr 11 01:52:19 PDT 2024

Ivan Ivanov <qmastery16 at gmail.com> writes:

>> SOC: MediaTek MT7981B , Wi-Fi: MediaTek MT7976C
>
> Are these Mediateks capable of working without any binary blobs, at
> least in theory?

A simple question back to you: Could you please list the wifi chips you
know of which ether have
a) completely open source firmware, or
b) no firmware at all (neither loaded in ram, nor in internal flash)?

And of those, do any of them support 802.11g? 802.11a? 802.11ac?
802.11ax?

No need to list more than a couple of examples of each If your lists are
very long.  I'm just curious what you are asking.  Or whether you are
aware what you are asking, TBH

Bjørn