OpenWrt One / project update

John Crispin john at phrozen.org
Thu Apr 4 03:00:03 PDT 2024

Hi,

Just dropping a quick update on the  OpenWrt One project. I've received
the first batch of three PCBs for testing today. I am in the process of
testing the hardware to make sure everything works as intended.

There are twelve further early prototype boards on standby in case we
need to tweak anything hardware-wise. You can find some pictures showing
off the PCB from different angles at these URLs:

http://mirror2.openwrt.org/OpenWrtOne_top.png
http://mirror2.openwrt.org/OpenWrtOne_bottom.png
http://mirror2.openwrt.org/OpenWrtOne_side.png

Work is underway to establish a website where all legal information and
links to our sources will be provided. Keeping everything transparent
and accessible is crucial for us.

MediaTek also generously released a substantial amount of programming
manuals for the SoC used by the OpenWrt One which will be made available
shortly.

I would like to express my gratitude to the Software Freedom Conservancy
(SFC), our manufacturer (BPi), the silicon vendor (MTK) and fellow
developers for their support throughout this journey.

         John