Status of snapshot builds for omap target

Raylynn Knight rayknight at me.com
Mon Apr 1 21:52:48 PDT 2024

I see that omap target was not included in the 23.05 release, but I don’t know the history of why.   The current snapshot builds are no longer building omap as https://git.openwrt.org/?p=openwrt/openwrt.git;a=commit;h=626f5f77f76ac01a562df5423fe43bb1ecfdbc05 marks it source only and indicates the target is broken with 5.15.  However the comments do not indicate why/what is broken.  There are subsequent commits that switch the kernel to 6.1, but do not remove the source only status.  This means that there are no current snapshots available.

I desire to add support for additional devices to this target (3 different Seeed Studios Beaglebones, BeagleBoard-xM, Negate SG-1000, PandaBoard ES, Olimex AM3352-SOM-EVB, and perhaps even a couple of Iris Smart Home Hub based on the AM3352).

I do have 3 of the 4 devices currently supported, so I will be building snapshot images for them but any information regarding what issues caused the target to be removed from 23.05 release would be greatly appreciated.

Ray Knight